A weekly collection of ideas, tips and inspiration.
Affiliate links are used for your convenience. Read my full disclosure here.
What’s Going on in the World of Shiplap and Shells
THE VERY FIRST THING I HAVE TO SAY is that I made a BIG mistake in my newsletter! I said that I was going to lose an hour of sleep, but a really smart person reminded me that it’s fall back and spring ahead. You would think I would have figured that out after 54 years! Too bad I can’t revise a newsletter that has already been sent out! At least I get an hour extra sleep!
Just wanted to see if you were paying attention!
1. I finally planted my spring bulbs! There’s still plenty of work to do as I continue to put the garden to bed. I’ll be cutting back the dahlias and digging up some of the tubers next week, stay tuned for a blog post on how to dig up and store your dahlias for the winter. I’m going to be dividing some of my perennials as well. And now is the time to mow up all the fallen leaves to put around my garden beds for the winter. I’ll be sharing more about how I do that this week.
2. Now that the weather has turned, all I feel like eating is soup. I’m having a good time trying new recipes. For this weekend, I am trying a Southwest Pumpkin Soup I found on my friend Tammy’s blog. Oh my gosh, her blog pictures are so beautiful. Last year after I had foot surgery, Tammy sent me a care package with homemade cookies she had baked, so she has a special place in my heart. And she’s a fellow PNW.
3. What happened on the blog this week…In honor of National Pumpkin Day last Monday, I put together my favorite “pumpkin” finds. I shared some of my Christmas kitchen decor ideas. And I created yet another fall tablescape, using pumpkins and mums this time.
4. I am finding so many things for the holidays online. But…I’m also seeing items that are already sold out. That made me a little nervous. So I’m sharing some of my favorites with you.
I hope you forgive me for sharing Christmas home decor with you in October. I never thought I would do it. I’ve always been the kind of person who waits to decorate and shop for Christmas until Black Friday. But, I hope I can entice you to take a peak.
5. What I’m working on for next week…I will continue putting the garden to bed for the winter. I’ll be joining some amazing bloggers next week for a Thanksgiving hop. It should be a lot of fun! And I may start taking a box or two of Christmas out of the closet to see if I get inspired.
Check Out the Amazing Inspiration I Found This Week!
This is a share that I am very excited about. It’s not just a single post that caught my eye, but more of a person that I think the world of. KariAnne of Thistlewood Farms is an AMAZING human being who has been helping me so much with my blogging adventures. I’ve been taking her Mastermind classes, and a couple of one-on-one coaching sessions, and let me tell you something… this woman knows A LOT! Okay, pretty much everything. I can’t recommend her enough if you are a blogger who needs some extra help.
And let’s talk about her blog! KariAnne has everything you could want in a blog. Tips, DIY Projects, Decorating and so much more. If you’ve never been to her blog, let me tell you, this girl can tell a story! She’s one of my favorite bloggers, so go check her out.
I found a new blog this week with incredible inspiration. Be sure to visit Lidy to see how she decorates her kitchen for fall. She will definitely put a smile on your face.
Find out how to turn real mini pumpkins into tealight holders.
See this pretty foraged fall wreath.
Make your home smell amazing with this recipe for an orange pomegranate cider simmer pot.
A fun spin on a Christmas Advent Calendar.
Have you seen this post?
I’d love to hear from you! Leave me a comment and let me know what you’d like to see on the blog! Thank you for being here. It means the world.
Have a good week my friend.