A weekly collection of ideas, tips and inspiration.
Affiliate links are used for your convenience. Read my full disclosure here.
I’m adding a weekly blog post that will hopefully do at least one of these things after you read it every Saturday…
- Inspire You
- Educate You
- Make You Smile
What You Can Expect From These Weekly Blog Posts
I’ll be sharing inspiration from my favorite blog posts I find during the week that have really caught my eye.
With the holidays fast approaching, I’ll share home decor items, gift ideas and more every week.
I’ll let you what I’ve been up to for the past week, and what’s happening next.
What’s Going on in the World of Shiplap and Shells
1. It’s definitely feeling more like fall here in the PNW. We are looking at freezing temperatures this weekend, and I have already said my goodbyes to those sweet dahlias for the season. They are not a fan of frost, and will most likely not survive.
2. I can’t understand how so many fruit flies get into my house every fall.There are little dishes of apple cider vinegar with a squirt of dish soap all over my kitchen. I swear, I have killed hundreds of them. Are you having the same problem?
3. It was a busy week on the blog! I have 4 easy options for overwintering your geraniums. See my vintage inspired fall bedroom. And wait for this…I even created a DIY fall wooden pumpkin this week. YES, YOU HEARD ME RIGHT! I did a craft project!
4. I’ve been doing a little online shopping lately and I was completely blown away by Terrain’s food kits Here are some of my favorites. I am definitely going to try the Apple Cider Doughnut Making Kit. I always like a good cocktail kit, and here’s a good one! And here’s a unique and fun bread kit. And how can you resist two of my favorite treats all wrapped into one…Pumpkin Spice Chocolates! OH YES PLEASE!
5. What I’m working on for next week…I am really focusing on putting the garden to bed for the winter. I’ll continue dividing some of my perennials, and mowing leaves into mulch to spread throughout the garden. I’ll be sharing that process next week on the blog. I’m also working on a Thanksgiving tablescape, and putting together my thoughts on transitioning from fall to Christmas home decor.
Check Out the Amazing Inspiration I Found This Week!
I was so inspired when I saw these 8 Thanksgiving table ideas from Karen at Sanctuary Home Decor.
I have to tell you, Karen was one of the first bloggers I followed, and I always love her beautiful tablescapes no matter what time of year it is.
Want to learn how to make a corn husk wreath? Jenn at Down Shiloh Road will show you how.
Jenn also has a blog post on how to make a scarecrow which I have been wanting to make FOREVER! But, now I will have to wait until next year.
A recipe for Creamy Tortellini Sausage Soup
Have you seen this post?
I’d love to hear from you! Leave me a comment and let me know what you’d like to see on the blog! Have a good week my friend.