Hi! I’m Kim, and this blog is all about my PNW home and garden. I live in a beach cottage on the Puget Sound with my husband and pups, Lucy and Jax. We have spent the last 8 years, renovating, improving and adding character and charm to our 100 year-old cottage.
I have a passion for home decor and creating warm and cozy spaces. I also have a true love for gardening, and stepped up my game when we built a greenhouse 4 years ago, growing my flowers and veggies from seed.
When I’m not at home, I’m exploring the Puget Sound on our boat. I think of our boat, 3 Star (named after the level of spiciness at the Thai Food restaurant where we met), as our second home. We try to go on a boat trip at least once a month, and especially love the San Juan Islands. I always have the best luck finding antique shops when we are out traveling. Some of my favorite vintage goodies were bought during our boating adventures.
More Fun Facts:
- I’m happiest at home, in my garden and anywhere there is water.
- My favorite food is anything with a potato in it!
- I always have to have music on. My favorites include Tom Petty, Fleetwood Mac and anything 70’s and 80’s.
- I despise cilantro, cleaning the shower and mean people.
- My first job was at Nordstrom when I was 16. I worked my way up to a girl’s junior buyer in Alaska, and then in L.A. So I’m not sure why my passion is for home decor, and not fashion.
- These are a few of my favorite things…fresh-cut flowers throughout my home, throw pillows, dogs, summer and classic movies.
I’m so excited to share more of my PNW home and garden with you! Kim