A weekly collection of ideas, tips and inspiration.
Affiliate links are used for your convenience. Read my full disclosure here.
What’s Going on in the World of Shiplap and Shells
1. Greetings from the Pacific Northwest, or as we like to call it…the PNW. I’ve been made aware that many people do not know what the PNW is, so now you know.
The weather has been pretty amazing for this time of year, with the sun shining this week, but really cold, dipping down into the 30’s. We’ve had a lot of fog lately too. The rain is back starting tonight.
2. Happy December! Christmas is just shy of 3 weeks away. How’s your holiday shopping going? 50-75% of the items that I’ve been shopping for are already sold out, or the delivery dates are already too late. So if you need to buy some gifts, and haven’t already started, you better GET BUSY!
3. I’ve had a lot of fun lately with so many amazing bloggers! We just had a “BLOGGERS BEST HOME TOUR” this week, where I shared my little cottage Christmas tour. We also have a CHRISTMAS TREE BLOG HOP today. I hope you visit each of these posts. All the links for the other bloggers are at the end of each post.
4. I mentioned last week that we may have a new member of the family moving in around Christmas. We were supposed to go visit him (or her) last Saturday, but had to postpone. Today is the day we get to hopefully meet Jax and Lucy’s new playmate. Who loves puppy breath?
Feel free to leave your favorite girl and boy pup names in the comments.
5. I started this whole Shiplap and Shells journey a little over a year-and-a-half ago on Instagram. That’s pretty much where you would find me most of the time. That is until last February, when I started my blog. Now it seems that this is where I’ve been spending most of my time.
I’m trying to work on a thing called BALANCE. Have you heard of it? Do you do a good job balancing everything? If so, let’s chat, because I need some serious guidance. I’m one of those “all or nothing” girls, so I find myself struggling a bit to be in all places at once. I am a WORK IN PROGRESS.
So with that said, here are the many places you can find me. Come say hi, and if you like what you see, I’d love it if you would follow me.
I found some great holiday gift finds and put together a few gift guides for you. If some of these are already sold out, I will apologize right now. I literally can’t keep up!
Still need a holiday gift idea? How about an Antique Candle Co. candle?
What I’m Working on for Next Week:
I’m not sure why I think it’s fun to pack my days full of projects in the weeks before Christmas, but somehow, I do think it’s fun. Go figure. Here’s what you’ll see next week (or two, I’d rather over-deliver)…
DIY lighting project | DIY magnolia garland and wreath & how to preserve magnolia leaves | Christmas greenhouse tour | Christmas tablescape hop | DIY candles & mercury glass votive candle holders
Check Out the Amazing Inspiration I Found This Week Around the Web…
You have got to go visit my friend Kori at the Farmhouse Life. I was so inspired after taking the holiday tour of her beautiful 1700 farmhouse, and you will be too.
Here’s another beautiful vintage Christmas holiday home decor tour of my friend Ana of Fiddle Leaf Interiors
And here’s one more Christmas tour, where Caitlin of Caitlin Marie Design shares her stunning neutral Christmas decor.
This incredibly delicious holiday recipe.
I’m loving this DIY snowman.
Beautiful Christmas ornaments.
And this one too.
Do you ever wonder what to do with your leftover cranberries?
Or your pumpkin seeds?
I just found out how to make cookies with an embossed rolling pin!
In Case You Missed It…
I’d love to hear from you! Leave me a comment and let me know what you’d like to see on the blog! Thank you for being here. It means the world.
Wishing you much peace and love,