A weekly collection of ideas, tips and inspiration.
Affiliate links are used for your convenience. Read my full disclosure here.
What’s Going on in the World of Shiplap and Shells
It was an interesting morning. As I was writing this, the power went out for a few hours. What was even better (cue the sarcasm) was the fact that my cell service wasn’t working very well either. So, I’m a bit late today getting this out.
1. There’s a fun Christmas tablescape tour happening today with 4 of my favorite friends. Make sure you check out each of our festive tables today.
2. I finally finished decorating the outside of the greenhouse for the holidays. I joined some other bloggers last Thursday for a Christmas Greenhouse Holiday Tour. If you haven’t seen it, pop on by for all the fun!
2. How are you doing with all that comes with holiday prep? I have been making a lot of confessions lately, and here’s another one. I am still not done decorating my house. That is why I haven’t done one of those sweet and fabulous holiday home tours on IGTV. I can’t show the entire house at the same time. Then you would be able to see the mess. And I would be caught.
With all this extra time nesting at home, you would think that this would have been the year that I was finally able to decorate my house, buy and wrap all the gifts, and still have time to sit back and watch a Christmas movie or three. What the heck happened? I think I’m in worse shape this year than any other. At least I have set the bar for next year.
3. For those of you that don’t pay attention, I am not a huge DIYer. I have aspirations, I’m a slow starter. With that said, I have been creating all kinds of things lately. Check out my mercury glass lamp base with a twist. And the magnolia wreath I made with the oranges I dried. I know, right?
4. 12 more days until our new puppy comes home! We go and pick him up on Christmas Eve. I’m still busy “puppy proofing” the house.
What I’m Working on for Next Week:
I’m just sitting down to start working on a garden blog series, where I’ll share the different tips and tricks when starting a fresh cut flower garden. It’s getting to be that time to start thinking about which seeds you’re going to buy, so if you haven’t thought about a plan, now’s the time!
I’d love for you to join my Facebook garden group! It’s for all levels of gardeners: Those that are just starting out, gardeners that can hold their own or have a pretty green thumb, and of course, those that are either Master Gardeners, or should be! If you do request to join, please make sure you fill out the questions that I’ve asked.
Check Out the Amazing Inspiration I Found This Week Around the Web…
I fell in love with Lora’s Christmas kitchen with vintage nostalgia, and enjoyed her beautiful tour, overflowing with vintage, repurposed finds and nostalgic charm.
I always have the best time visiting my friend Christy of Our Southern Home. You will not want to miss Part 1 of her Christmas Home Tour!
I am in love with Suzy’s dining room from Worthing Court Blog.
This cocktail is a must for the holidays.
I can’t wait to try these cookies.
And here are the prettiest sugar cookies ever!
Love this fun craft.
Something special for my sweet tooth.
I love these ornaments and this frosty mint Christmas tree.
How about this DIY Christmas card holder?
I just found the perfect breakfast casserole.
The cutest DIY Christmas trees.
In Case You Missed It…
I’d love to hear from you! Leave me a comment and let me know what you’d like to see on the blog! Thank you for being here. It means the world.
Wishing you much peace and love,