A weekly collection of ideas, tips and inspiration.
Affiliate links are used for your convenience. Read my full disclosure here.
1. It’s a Saturday with nothing but snow here in the PNW. We live about 60 miles SW of Seattle and we don’t get snow very often. But it’s here! Puppy Ollie is not so sure about it yet, but Jax and Lucy are old pros. Can’t wait to get some videos of them playing in it today and will share on my Instagram stories.
2. Do you grow hellebores? They are seriously saving my sanity right now. I am so happy to have a flower in the garden that I can cut and bring in to brighten things up.
3. Who loves candles? I do! Fall Candle Testers are BACK! Fall 2021 candle testers are now available for purchase for a limited time. For just $20, you’ll have the opportunity to test ANTIQUE CANDLE CO. new fall fragrances and vote on their favorite! Fall Candle Testers will include four of our most requested cozy scents:
- Apple Butter – A delightful aroma of freshly baked apples blended with sugar, cinnamon, and clove, highlighted by fall pumpkin and sweet vanilla.
- Cinnamon & Spice – A warm medley of cinnamon, clove, and allspice, highlighted with cozy notes of bergamot peel and soft vanilla bean.
- Teakwood & Cedar – A soothing blend of teakwood and cedar intertwined with orange, clove, nutmeg, cinnamon leaf, and notes of rich amber.
- Vanilla Bean – A warm, cozy scent of vanilla bean with soft, spiced notes of clove, nutmeg and cinnamon bark.
New Wax Melt Sets! Melts give you the incredible fragrance of a candle, but without the flame. Here are the sets that are now available…
- Signature – includes Apple Pickin’, Clean Cotton, Fresh Cut Herbs, Georgia Peach, Lavender Vanilla, Mango Citrus, Momma’s Kitchen, Pineapple Coconut, and Sweet Lemon.
- Fresh & Clean- includes two Clean Cotton, two Lavender Vanilla, and two Sweet Lemon.
- Sweet & Fruity – includes two Georgia Peach, two Mango Citrus, and two Pineapple Coconut.
4. THRIFTY THURSDAYS are coming soon! I am getting together with some friends to bring you flea market, thrifting and antique shopping tips and adventures. I was going to visit the Bremerton Vintage Flea Market today (they’re only open on Saturdays) but will most likely have to wait until next week due to the snow. Our area doesn’t do well on the roads when there’s snow on them. We have A LOT of hills and just not set up to get all the back roads cleared. Hopefully I’ll be able to find some other options this coming week and have some fun things for you.
What’s Going on in the World of Shiplap and Shells
I spent months searching for a chippy vintage mantel, but had no luck, unless I wanted to pay $500 in shipping fees. And that wasn’t an option!
Before my husband and I started this project, I found some much needed inspiration for a perfect fireplace mantel on Pinterest. By taking certain details from each picture I found, I was able to create my very own beautiful vintage-inspired faux mantel.
Growing a Cut Flower Garden Blog Series
Have you dreamed of having a garden full of good old-fashioned sweet peas? I’ll share my tips on sowing sweet pea seeds indoors, how to transplant them into the garden and much more. Have you joined my Facebook garden group? If you have, invite a friend!
Here are the other posts available in my “Growing a Cut Flower Garden“ Blog Series just in case you missed one…
- My New Blog Series – Growing a Cut Flower Garden
- Planning Your Cut Flower Garden
- My Seed Selection for the New Year’s Cut Flower Garden
- Supplies Needed for Seed Starting
- Seed Starting 101 – Growing a Cut Flower Garden Series
- Step-by-Step Tutorial on the Seed Starting Process
My Favorite Inspiration Around the Web From Last Week…
Erika and Sabrina of She Shed Living wrote one of my favorite blog posts EVER! I’m not going to lie, it didn’t hurt that it was written about the Shiplap and Shells greenhouse and gardens. Their words meant the world to me, and these ladies shared some of my favorite pictures as well.
How much fun is it to have your greenhouse featured in a calendar? These ladies have the most beautiful 2021 calendar available, with incredible she sheds featured every month. And yes, I am honored to be Miss February 2021!
Elizabeth of Pinecones & Acorns makes the most beautiful cupcakes for Valentine’s Day.
And her pictures are gorgeous. Here’s another one.
My friend CoCo of The Crowned Goat shares the most wonderful Vintage Valentine Gift Ideas.
Inspiring vintage valentine vignettes.
The perfect cookie for Valentine’s Day.
A fun furniture flip.
How to install a wood trim accent wall.
The most delicious dessert crepe.
This flea market flip.
This DIY outdoor bench.
In Case You Missed It…
I’d love to hear from you! Leave me a comment and let me know what you’d like to see on the blog! Thank you for being here. It means the world.
Enjoy your weekend,