A weekly collection of ideas, tips and inspiration.
Affiliate links are used for your convenience. Read my full disclosure here.
What’s Going on in the World of Shiplap and Shells
1. Christmas is less than a week away! I just thought I would share that with those of you that were not paying attention. How are you feeling about things? Are you all ready?
It will just be me and my husband this year, and of course our two dogs Lucy and Jax…OH WAIT! IT WILL BE 3 DOGS! I’m going to make our favorite chicken enchiladas and homemade refried beans for dinner. Hopefully we’ll sit around a watch a Christmas movie or two. Have I told you that I haven’t watched a SINGLE Christmas movie? I know, I’m ashamed.
2. So speaking of 3 pups…our little Ollie will be picked up from his current home on Christmas Eve. We have been “puppy proofing” the house, which included rolling up all the area rugs. It looks so bare, but it will definitely be worth it. We are getting so excited!
3. It has been a super busy December, so I decided to take it a little easy last week. I didn’t add much to the blog, but I did share How to Decorate Your Bedroom for the Holidays on a Budget. My biggest tip would be to bring the outdoors inside your home to minimize costs.
4. It has been a season like no other. For us, we always have such fun community events for the Christmas season…
- Neighborhood wreath making parties are always fun with a bonfire, food and drink
- Christmas tree creating with grapevines
- Lighted boat parade and dock chili cook off
But this year, we didn’t get to do any of these events. Instead, the community decided to add an event that is safe and takes place tonight, a LIGHTED CAR PARADE on our street and RIGHT IN FRONT OF OUR HOUSE! How fun is that?
5. Wishing you the very best week as you get ready for the holidays.
What I’m Working on for Next Week:
I’m still working on a garden blog series, where I’ll share the different tips and tricks when starting a fresh cut flower garden. I’ll be buying my seeds from Floret Flower Farm on January 5th. Let me know if you would like to see a certain topic in my garden series.
If you haven’t already, I’d love for you to join my Facebook garden group! It’s for all levels of gardeners: Those that are just starting out, gardeners that can hold their own or have a pretty green thumb, and of course, those that are either Master Gardeners, or should be! If you do request to join, please make sure you fill out the questions that I’ve asked.
Check Out the Amazing Inspiration I Found This Week Around the Web…
If you want some amazing holiday inspiration, look no further. My friend Michele of Vintage Home Designs gives you a tour of her beautiful farmhouse Christmas porch.
I am in love with this mixed pottery winter table created by my friend Ann of Dabbling and Decorating.
Coffee for the winter.
Christmas gift tags and easy wrapping solutions.
A Christmas tree DIY I will be making.
Cute DIY drink coasters.
Who loves apple cake?
I’m definitely making this.
A great idea for a Christmas centerpiece.
In Case You Missed It…
I’d love to hear from you! Leave me a comment and let me know what you’d like to see on the blog! Thank you for being here. It means the world.
Wishing you much peace and love,